Pages

Thursday, April 19, 2012

peanut butter cookie dough chocolate balls

The other day my teenager agreed to bring a treat to boy scouts.  I asked him what he was going to make and he gave me a blank stare.  I said I was not going to the store.  If he wanted to bring a treat, he'd have to make it. (Of course I ended up going to the store anyway because I had to get a soccer ball for my youngest son's practice.  But the soccer balls and the treat type stuff are on opposite ends of the store and we were in a hurry. It's a big store.  Also I wanted discourage my son from volunteering me for things without checking to see if it's okay first.)

My husband was against bringing a treat.  I think he never got treats in scouts.  In his day they had to forage for treats in the forest.  Mmmm...bark.

Anyway, my son wanted to make these peanut butter cookie dough chocolate balls.  (First I made him double check that the kid with peanut allergies wouldn't be there.  He's in an older group now so we were safe.)

My teenager took charge and with some (a lot) help from me, we made these. (The cookie dough recipe is a slightly modified version of  this.)


The scouts loved them. This recipe makes about 50 so you might want to half it if you don't have a big crowd to feed.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Chocolate Balls.  (That takes forever to type.)

1/4 cup softened butter (if your butter isn't salted then add 1/4 teaspoon of salt)
1 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/4 cup flour
2 cups chocolate chips (I used dark chocolate but it's just a matter of taste)
2 T coconut oil (You could use Crisco if you don't have coconut oil but I like coconut oil better.)

Cream butter and peanut butter.  Add granulated sugar and brown sugar.  Beat until fluffy. Mix in milk, vanilla, and then flour. Form dough into balls.  (I used a melon ball scoop.)

Melt chocolate chips and coconut oil.  Dip peanut butter balls in chocolate.  Set on waxed paper.  Keep refrigerated.

The chocolate mixture is also great with strawberries and chocolate molds.


3 comments:

  1. So gonna try these - my little guy is a PB&Chocolate fan! I didn't know you had this blog till I found you on pinterest - so I put a link on my blog over here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Wendy. What is your blog? I'll add it to my list too. Let me know how the peanut butter balls work.

    ReplyDelete